Android phones rose to prominence partially thanks to their customization abilities. From ring tones, to browsers, to contact lists; there is a whole host of different customizations that can be performed on one of Google’s devices.
Of course, the most visible of all customizations is the wallpaper. Creating and customizing wallpaper can really allow you to personalize your device and the whole general look and feel of the phone. The sheer size of the screen on smartphones means that most of the front area of the phone will be covered with this wallpaper and so it plays a major part in making the phone distinctive and essentially, yours.
With many Android devices touching the 5 inch screen size and some even larger, it can be extremely important that your wallpaper suits you, your mood and your phone.
Most Android phones come with a range of stock wallpapers. In the large part these are quite bland, generic images. Increasingly phones also come with some stock live wallpaper too, but like their static counterparts they can also feel quite generic.
Live wallpapers do add a certain wow factor to the phone and can really add to the aesthetic of the screen. However, they do tend to use more battery than their static alternatives.
Of course, if you want to enliven things up, the best way to go about it is to change the Android wall paper to one of your own choice, either still or static. Fortunately, for those who want something a little more unique than the stock offerings there are a number of Android wallpaper styles out there – thousands in-fact.
After you have a good look around to find wallpaper and have downloaded it there are two ways to set it as the backing for your device. So, let’s have a look at ways you can change your Android wallpaper.
Changing your Android Wallpaper
From Home Screen
- Starting at the home screen find the menu and then choose the wallpaper option. Otherwise, hold an empty area of the screen and then wait for a menu to appear. There should be an option to click on ‘wallpaper’ here.
- You can set the wallpaper by selecting one of the options below
- Gallery – This allows you to set a photo as wallpaper
- Live Wallpaper – Here you can choose a stock or live wallpaper as your background
- Wallpaper Gallery – Standard static wallpaper can be chosen from here
- Choose the item you wish to use as wallpaper and then tap the ‘set wallpaper’ option. This should now be your wallpaper. If you decide on a photo then you will need to choose it from an album. Upon setting it as wallpaper you will be shown a box to drag and fit to the area you wish to crop. When this is complete just tap save and it will be your set wallpaper.
From Photo Gallery
It’s also possible to set wall paper from the photo gallery directly.
- Open gallery app
- Find the folder that contains the image in question
- Tap and hold that image until the menu appears
- Select ‘set as’
- Select ‘home screen wallpaper’
- Crop the area you wish to save and save it and it should now be your wallpaper
From a Browser
- Tap and hold the image until a menu appears
- Select the ‘set as wallpaper’ option
When you have chosen any of the three options from above you will be returned to the home screen, where you can admire your handy work.
About the Author: